Pictured above: 2014 TechRev awardees
Last night at the Tech Rev 2014 awards banquet Decisive Farming (Remi Schmaltz – front, middle) along with 10 other awardees walked away proud to be recognized as a top Calgary innovator and entrepreneurs in 2014. This was the 5th year for the TechRev event and there were over 600 companies nominated. Decisive Farming was awarded for their Cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) to farmers called; My Farm Manager that will put “All of your farm. All in one place.”
When asked to comment Remi Schmaltz CEO at Decisive Farming said: “I was honoured to be accept this award on behalf of the team at Decisive Farming and amongst such a great group of companies that were nominated. Agriculture is the oldest industry in the world and we are just starting to catch up with technology advancements in other industries. For me it is extremely exciting to be part of that transformation and the team that is working with farmers to utilize technology to be more efficient, more profitable; all while simplifying management and minimizing risk. I would also just like to say a quick thank you to the team at decisive for making it happen, our partners like FCStone, A&L Labs, Carbon Credit Solutions and Renterra.ca for standing by us, our customers for allowing us to serve them and most importantly my family and wife for their patience and support.”
The list of other awardees courtesy of http://www.techvibes.com:
- Benevity – a software social enterprise that offers companies solutions and services to boost their Corporate Philanthropy and make a difference.
- CodeExcellence – a cloud computing company whose software quality monitoring and governance products eliminate potential system crashes.
- Calgary Scientific – a technology company focused on the medical industry, their FDA-cleared ResolutionMD technology provides access and collaboration for diagnostic healthcare records over the web and on mobile devices.
- Lumiant Corporation – a material manufacturing company, their flagship product TitanMade® is has the strength of steel alloys but is less than half the weight, and can withstand temperatures up to 900°C.
- MRF Geosystems Corporation – specializes in GIS-related application development data conversion and GIS consulting services, and has over 6,000 customers in 40 countries worldwide.
- Nanalysis Corporation – develops and manufactures portable Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) devices for the laboratory instrumentation space, and gives NMR spectroscopy capabilities directly to chemists.
- Packers Plus – invented open hole, multi-stage fracture stimulation systems, and continues to build new technologies for specific oil and gas applications.
- Tactalis (Invici) – created interactive tactile computer interface and online content store that aims to change the way blind and visually impaired people explore, create and share digital media.
- TEKTELIC Communications – designs and develops small cell wireless solutions, addressing 3G and 4G Service Provider coverage and rapidly growing data requirements.
- TetraSeis – develops seismic data processing technologies that have set industry standards in direct seismic imaging of sub-vertical discontinuities, solving a number of exploration and production challenges
Links to other Articles about TechRev 2014
More about Decisive Farming:
At Decisive Farming, we offer highly effective farm management solutions to grain, oilseed and pulse farmers geared toward farm profitability and ease-of-use, our variable rate technology, crop marketing and information management services are the setting standard in quality and service.